Held at the 5-star Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel, in the Free Trade Hall in Manchester, this year’s SEA gala dinner and awards evening was thoroughly enjoyed by all who attended.
This was the second time the SEA Awards have been held jointly with the CHTA, and we were happy to see so many attendees from all areas of the surface engineering and heat treatment sector.
The night was all about celebrating the very best our industry has to offer, bringing together the whole of the surface engineering and heat treatment industry, and recognising the many achievements of our members.
On the evening we presented a number of awards to companies and individuals who have excelled in a range of areas including quality, environmental, and outstanding achievement. The 2018 winners were:
- Swinton Electro Plating Ltd – Winner of the Marketing Award, Sponsored by QMS
- Poeton Industries Ltd – Winner of the Quality Award, Sponsored by Schloetter Co. Ltd
- Poeton Industries Ltd – Winner of the Environmental Award, Sponsored by Inenco
- Mr John Tolliday – Winner of the Ray Alford Individual Achievement Awards, Sponsored by Citation
- Mr Luca Magagnin – Winner of Outstanding International Contribution, Sponsored by British Jewellery & Giftware International Winner
- Mr Richard Burslem, Winner of Meritorious Service to the Heat Treatment Industry, Sponsored by Contract Heat Treatment Association
- Mr Dave Rickerby – Winner of the Special Recognition Award, Sponsored by Stephen Price Design Ltd
This year’s standard of entrants was very high and we would like congratulate all those who entered and pay special recognition to the runners-up in all of the categories.
The SEA puts on a number of events for its members throughout the year. To make sure you don’t miss any of these events, keep an eye on our dedicated events page on our website.