COVID-19: a guide to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and furloughed workers
As part of their plans to tackle the impact of COVID-19 on UK business, on Friday 20 March the government published their initial guidance on their Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.
The scheme will be open to all UK businesses, regardless of size and the government will pay up to 80% of wages up to £2500 per month.
Citation’s HR and Employment Law experts have put together some of the most frequently asked questions about this early stage of the scheme so you can better understand how this can work to help your business.
COVID-19: a guide to temporary homeworking for businesses
As part of their COVID-19 action plan, the government encouraged businesses to make the shift to homeworking where it was practical and realistic.
To help businesses adapt, our partner, Citation, has put together this guide. It outlines the key points for implementing temporary homeworking and making it work for your business.
The guide answers some of the most commonly asked questions, including:
- I don’t know if home working is a reasonable consideration for my business – how do I decide?
- Will employees be classed as ‘homeworkers’ during this period – will home become their usual place of work?
- My employees haven’t worked from home before – what do I need to consider?
- I’m providing additional equipment for homeworking – what if it’s stolen or damaged?
- Are there any extra Health & Safety considerations for homeworking?
Citation’s coronavirus business toolkit
With daily increases of confirmed cases of the new coronavirus, Citation is also putting together a wider toolkit of essential resources that can help safeguard your business against COVID-19, including:
- Guide (updated daily): the most frequently asked questions around both the Health & Safety and HR and Employment Law implications of coronavirus;
- Guide (updated daily): the most frequently asked questions around the Health & Safety implications of coronavirus;
- Top tips on how to maintain the wellbeing of your employees while they work from home;
- Who is considered a key worker?
- Free hand hygiene training module for employees
- Managing risks to staff and your workplace
- What financial support is available to businesses?
You can also stay up-to-date with all the changes by reading Citation’s latest news articles.
Got any questions about how you’ll be affected?
Please call 0345 844 1111 to speak to a friendly advisor, or leave your details and query here. If you are a member of a trade association, just let us know which when making an enquiry.
If you have any questions specific to the surface engineering industry, please contact the SEA directly.